Sr. Product Marketing Manager (remote)
Boardable takes mission-critical board and committee meetings from friction to focus. Founded by experienced board executives, the intuitive board management platform brings teams together —wherever they are — so they can prepare, engage, and take action on what matters most. Boardable powers more than 2,000 organizations in over 40 countries, including associations, nonprofits, healthcare, higher education, and enterprise businesses. Learn more at www.boardable.com.
Celebrated for our great benefits, work-life balance, culture, and more, Boardable was recently selected as one of Powderkeg’s best tech companies to work for. We welcome diverse perspectives and invite people to bring their genuine selves to work. Come join a workplace that cultivates wellness, innovation, and a team committed to solving the real-world challenges of today’s boards.
About the Role
We are looking to add a product manager to our product and growth team. This position will report directly to the VP of product and growth. The product manager role requires the experience or proven ability to develop detailed domain knowledge of the product and the target market. As a product manager, you will be involved in customer discovery, design, ideation, documentation, delivery, and everything in between related to the Boardable platform . You will work cross-functionally with engineers, designers, and other areas of the business to understand our customers’ needs and build products that shape the future of Boardable. You will be responsible for decision-making through quantitative results, research, and customer data and feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and lead the product marketing function and strategy at Boardable
- Identify and implement effective positioning in the product category
- Assist shaping with buyer and user personas, developing the tools and campaigns that drive revenue and adoption of our product
- Advocate for the voice of the customer, utilizing feedback and usage data received into actionable insights to drive adoption and ensure customers receive more value out of our solution
- Develop deep expertise in the category opportunity, performance, and competitive environment across categories
- Craft strong messaging that resonates with buyers in Boardable’s target market segment over the competition
- Plan and execute communication regarding new launches; coordinating with internal teams on go-to-market activities
- Identify effective channels to reach our ideal customer profile
- Provide sales, marketing, and customer success with ongoing competitive and market intelligence
- Drive hyper alignment internally around product positioning and messaging
- Establish product marketing responsibilities and KPI’s with internal stakeholders
- Actively participate in product team meetings and influence the roadmap
- Manage ongoing feedback cycle between Growth, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Drive experimentation for pricing and packaging
- Create a win loss program with sales
- In partnership with marketing develop innovative and effective sales collateral including product demonstration
- Responsible for corporate product collateral
Desired Experience and Skills
- 4+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS (software as a service) preferred
- Nonprofit, real estate, or board experience highly desired
- Experience with experimentation and data analysis strongly preferred
- Proven track record in leading market research initiatives and translating insights into positioning and messaging
- Experience working on or with a growth team preferred
- Experience tailoring messaging to a segment in their given product category
- Comfortable presenting and demoing products to audiences, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively implement new programs and processes within the organization, gaining internal alignment throughout the process
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at handling multiple concurrent projects and have a relentless obsession for excellence
- Self-motivated, organized, disciplined and able to work on your own and as part of a team
- A creative planner and doer with the ability to lead and influence peers
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Flexible work schedule/remote work options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 recognized holidays, and a commitment to work/life integration
- Access to health/dental/vision insurance or a monthly health stipend if you decline coverage
- Life insurance and the option for short term and long term disability coverage
- Monthly phone/tech stipend
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Work from home desk setup stipend for all new hires
- Potential of equity compensation in a fast-growing organization
- Bonus opportunities
- Transparent, friendly, fun culture dedicated to living our values
- The gift of Boardable to a board on which you serve, annual subscription
- Corporate charitable donation matching program
- Coworking space reimbursement program
- Annual all-hands team week
- Exceptional swag
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging including employee resource groups, company celebrations, and training opportunities
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience, $100,000 USD or more commensurate with experience and education. We are committed to compensating our team fairly and welcome conversations about salary. We promise transparency throughout the process.
About Diversity and Inclusion at Boardable
Corporate culture is fluid and ever-changing, and we hold ourselves accountable to the belief that there is always room for improvement. Boardable is committed to doing the work to share, learn from, and honor diverse experiences and perspectives. We know we create our best work when we celebrate our differences and to share the joy in our mutual respect and community.
We create equitable compensation, promotion opportunities, and processes because it’s the right thing to do. Our talent acquisition efforts employ measures to mitigate bias in hiring. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, we support organizations that provide programs for underrepresented groups and communities. Our employee resource group, Belonging, leads strategic initiatives to aid in team member personal and professional development. We strive to foster a culture that embraces belonging and inclusion, creating a safe space for everyone to feel valued, respected, and engaged.
Boardable is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all those interested to apply.