Product Manager (remote)
Boardable takes mission-critical board and committee meetings from friction to focus. Founded by experienced board executives, the intuitive board management platform brings teams together —wherever they are — so they can prepare, engage, and take action on what matters most. Boardable powers more than 2,000 organizations in over 40 countries, including associations, nonprofits, healthcare, higher education, and enterprise businesses. Learn more at www.boardable.com.
Celebrated for our great benefits, work-life balance, culture, and more, Boardable was recently selected as one of Powderkeg’s best tech companies to work for. We welcome diverse perspectives and invite people to bring their genuine selves to work. Come join a workplace that cultivates wellness, innovation, and a team committed to solving the real-world challenges of today’s boards.
About the Role
We are looking to add a product manager to our product and growth team. This position will report directly to the VP of product and growth. The product manager role requires the experience or proven ability to develop detailed domain knowledge of the product and the target market. As a product manager, you will be involved in customer discovery, design, ideation, documentation, delivery, and everything in between related to the Boardable platform . You will work cross-functionally with engineers, designers, and other areas of the business to understand our customers’ needs and build products that shape the future of Boardable. You will be responsible for decision-making through quantitative results, research, and customer data and feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an expert going deep on how your product works
- Recognize product performance from the end user’s point of view
- Form and constantly update how your product is delivering value to the market and pivot as needed
- Provide oversight for the product roadmap, in alignment with the Growth team, and determine the scope and effort with the development team.
- Influence and help refine product objectives for teams throughout the business.
- Develop understanding of functional capabilities and limitations, user scenarios, and business value - and how they intersect.
- Deliver high quality user experiences on Web, Desktop, and Mobile.
- Own the creation and maintenance of a prioritized backlog of user stories that are detailed and measurable.
- Run sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily standups.
- Lead formal internal stakeholder input into the product process.
- Actively participate in the software development process and be available to engineering to give support at any time.
- Provide ongoing tracking of product performance, user engagement, and outcomes measurement.
- Map the product roadmap to a release and launch schedule in partnership with engineering and product marketing.
- Define go to market approaches and work with product marketing on the pricing/packaging for the product
Desired Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in a SaaS product management or product owner role
- Successful track record in building B2B, SaaS products within early stage, growth-oriented companies
- Experience with Agile product development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Stellar problem solving abilities with demonstrated track record of business-focused solutions
- Proven success working in highly collaborative, cross functional teams to iteratively deliver value to customers via product
- Ability to translate business context and technical requirements into easy to understand materials for internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Consistently curious and inquisitive with strong inclination towards continuous improvement
- Excellent written communication skills allow for clear and consistent communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to customers as well as in all-team settings
- Experience creating a product strategy for an entire business or significant product line
- Ability to effectively implement new programs and processes within the organization, gaining internal alignment throughout the process
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at handling multiple concurrent projects and have a relentless obsession for excellence
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Working knowledge of API driven solutions
- Experience using data to drive decisions
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Flexible work schedule/remote work options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 recognized holidays, and a commitment to work/life integration
- Access to health/dental/vision insurance or a monthly health stipend if you decline coverage
- Life insurance and the option for short term and long term disability coverage
- Monthly phone/tech stipend
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Work from home desk setup stipend for all new hires
- Potential of equity compensation in a fast-growing organization
- Bonus opportunities
- Transparent, friendly, fun culture dedicated to living our values
- The gift of Boardable to a board on which you serve, annual subscription
- Corporate charitable donation matching program
- Coworking space reimbursement program
- Annual all-hands team week
- Exceptional swag
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging including employee resource groups, company celebrations, and training opportunities
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience, $100,000 USD or more commensurate with experience and education. We are committed to compensating our team fairly and welcome conversations about salary. We promise transparency throughout the process.
About Diversity and Inclusion at Boardable
Corporate culture is fluid and ever-changing, and we hold ourselves accountable to the belief that there is always room for improvement. Boardable is committed to doing the work to share, learn from, and honor diverse experiences and perspectives. We know we create our best work when we celebrate our differences and to share the joy in our mutual respect and community.
We create equitable compensation, promotion opportunities, and processes because it’s the right thing to do. Our talent acquisition efforts employ measures to mitigate bias in hiring. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, we support organizations that provide programs for underrepresented groups and communities. Our employee resource group, Belonging, leads strategic initiatives to aid in team member personal and professional development. We strive to foster a culture that embraces belonging and inclusion, creating a safe space for everyone to feel valued, respected, and engaged.
Boardable is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all those interested to apply.