Boardable empowers nonprofits with the technology and thought leadership they need to drive positive change in the world. We believe that by providing a complete nonprofit operating system, we can support the incredible work of nonprofits and help them to achieve their missions and goals. Our unwavering commitment to excellence, innovation, and exceptional customer experiences sets us apart and enables us to make a meaningful impact in the world. We're excited to engage with talented individuals interested in joining our award-winning culture!
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Account Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving revenue through renewals, expansions, and upsells to an assigned portfolio of Boardable Customers. The Account Manager will build strong value-centered relationships with key decision makers, measuring success through net revenue retention and expansion.
- Execute strategic growth plans for existing business to maximize customer expansion and adoption of Boardable.
- Win upgrade opportunities within the customer base through targeted outreach, stemming from a strong understanding of customer needs in the nonprofit board management industry.
- Meet or exceed expansion and upsell revenue targets by creating and managing a sales pipeline of opportunities each quarter.
- Utilize our CRM for accurate forecasting and pipeline management.
- Provide thought leadership and meaningful best practices to customers during annual business reviews, while gathering customer feedback.
- Manage customer subscription renewals for assigned accounts through excellent communication with customers, with an emphasis on accuracy in our CRM.
- Pull through payment for all closed deals.
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers within designated accounts to ensure value through Boardable adoption.
- Present and sell the value of Boardable to all roles at a customer.
- Utilize referrals and existing business relationships to identify new business opportunities within existing clients.
- Exemplify the Boardable Core Values Living the Mission, Exhibit a Customer Passion, Make Decisions Like and Owner, Craft Delightful Experiences, and Cultivate a Supportive Community.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience in Account Management preferred
- SaaS and/or nonprofit industry experience preferred
- HubSpot experience preferred, CRM experience required
- Demonstrated ability to delight customers through effective communication and understanding of their goals
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills that result in strong relationships
- A results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving targets and driving revenue growth
- Experience in a startup or small company environment with a demonstrated ownership mentality, resourcefulness, and proactive approach to work
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze sales data and identify trends
- Strong financial and business acumen required, must have an ability to understand and partner with customers to deliver insightful business reviews
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs and train others
- Confidence and ability to communicate with customer representatives from all levels of the organization
- Passion for serving customers and helping them achieve their organizational objectives through the use of Boardable’s products and services
- Superior organizational and project management skills; close attention to detail
- Experience serving on a nonprofit board a plus
Location: Our office is located in Carmel, IN. The ideal candidate will be able to join us in person in Carmel 2-3 times per week.
- Hybrid work environment within Industrious, a thoughtfully designed, flexible workspace with extensive member benefits.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 recognized holidays, and a commitment to work/life blend
- Access to competitive health/dental/vision insurance options, including a PPO and HDHP plan option
- Life insurance and the option for short term and long term disability coverage
- Monthly phone/tech stipend
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Work from home desk setup stipend for all new hires
- Potential of equity compensation in a fast-growing organization
- Bonus opportunities
- Transparent, welcoming, and helpful culture dedicated to living our mission
- The gift of Boardable to a board on which you serve, annual subscription
- Time off for board service work
- Corporate charitable donation matching program
- Annual all-hands retreat week
- Exceptional swag
- Fringe lifestyle benefit
We create equitable compensation, promotion opportunities, and processes and our talent acquisition efforts employ measures to mitigate bias in hiring. Through our work and service, we support organizations that provide programs for underrepresented groups and communities. We strive to foster a culture that embraces belonging and inclusion, creating a safe space for everyone to feel valued, respected, and engaged. Boardable is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all those interested to apply and encourage you to contact us if you request accommodations upon submitting your application.